CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Be Thankful!

As my first ever post on a blog, I thought I would share something I have been reminded of a lot lately. I need to be (and probably most of us) more grateful for what I have. Like most people, I tend to be unhappy with my body and this, that and the other. After a great deal of crying, whining and complaining about my body I finally joined Curves in an effort to be proactive. I have been going there for about 2 months now and I have lost a few inches...and gained a new perspective!

First of all, I came to the realization that we are created in the image of God and He designed every detail of who we are. I bet it breaks God's heart when we gripe and complain about the way he made us. I don't want to do that to Him! Second, I am reminded every time I go work out that it could be so much worse. There are so many other people who have a lot further to go than I do. At least I'm starting to take care of myself now, when I don't have as far to go!

Lately it seems like so many people are suffering from serious illnesses or tragic situations. Thanks be to God, I am not. No one in my family is. When I stop and think about this it makes me realize how petty so many of my complaints are.

So to the one person who may read this (my husband), I hope this makes you think about what you have to be grateful for!!

3 comments:

Unknown

I'm grateful for you everyday. I don't deserve a wonderful wife like you, and I'm happy that you see yourself as God does =)

the winters

Thanks for the encouragement Jennifer! I need to be reminded of all of this too. Very cute blog :)

Darleen Furrey

You are so 'right on'...God intended I would be five foot tall and well, pleasantly plumpish....I do believe that we are to be good stewards of our bodies because we are God's temple to be used in service to him. I'm also enjoying that God knew that exercising helps not only physically, but mentally and spiritually. Its part of the 'fuel' we need everyday. Keep up the good work-You are doing awesome!!

Post a Comment